Mobile App Click here to download our Mobile App for iOS or Android
Not a member? Sign up for free!

Two Distinct Subtypes Of Schizophrenia Discovered

News | May 18, 2020

Not a member? Sign up for free!

Join us as we continue our efforts towards improving the future of mental health care through information, discussion, and collaboration.
Sign up today for instant access to all PsychU offerings. Membership is free!

Join PsychU

A machine learning analysis of brain imaging revealed that there are two subtypes of schizophrenia. About 60% of people with schizophrenia had a subtype with widespread brain volume reduction that was correlated with longer illness duration and worse functioning before diagnosis. The remaining 40% had a subtype with normal and stable anatomy, although they had…

You must be logged in to read the full article: Join PsychU or Log In