September 12, 2017 – Free Executive Web Briefing Sponsored By Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization, Inc. Frameworks In Health & Quality Program
The risk of relapse is great for those diagnosed with schizophrenia, with the 1-year rate as high as 50% and the 5 year rate as high as 80% – making long-term therapy goals difficult to reach.1,2 In 2010, there were over 397,000 hospital stays for schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders and of those, approximately 1 in 4 (22%) were readmitted within 30 days.3 Patient wellness, reducing severity of symptoms, and reduced risk of future relapses are critical therapy outcomes.4,5
Just as significant is the cost of mental health care and treatment services which are estimated at $113 billion annually. The cost increases to $300 billion annually when you add in the cost of lost earnings and wages, and disability benefits.4 The direct costs for schizophrenia in the U.S. were estimate at $47 billion (in 2013 dollars).6
Join Heidi Waters, PhD, Director of Outcomes Management at Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization, Inc. and co-presenter, Annie Medina, MBA, ACNP-BC, Senior Associate at OPEN MINDS, for this session to learn about the Frameworks In Health & Quality disease management program focusing on schizophrenia relapse reduction. In this session, faculty will discuss a program and strategies for relapse reduction with topics including:
- Current trends in population health management and health system services for the management of schizophrenia
- Models for improving outcome of consumers with schizophrenia through medication adherence, medication reconciliation, and transition of care support
- Education support resources for all stakeholders involved in the management of schizophrenia
REGISTER HERE: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/592990094088622338
The co-presenter is a paid consultant of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization, Inc.
- Schennach R. et al. Psychiatry SeN. 2012: 63(1):87-90.
- Robinson D. et al. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1999: 56(3):241-247.
- Elixhauser A. Steiner C. Readmissions to U.S. Hospitals by Diagnosis. 2010. HCUP Statistical Stief #153. April 2013. Ag en Of fOf Healthcare Research and Quality. Roct:ville MD. http://hcup-us.ahrq.gov/repocts.statbfiefs/sb 153.pdf. Accessed January 27 2014.
- Lehman AF et al. Practice Guideline for the Treatment of Patients with Schizophrenia. JI. Formulation and Implementation of a Treatment P lan. Arlington, VA : American Psychiatric Publishing. Inc.: 2004.
- Faltai P. et al. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2006: 7(1): 5–40.
- Cloutier M. et al. J Clin Psychiatry. 2016: TT(6): 764-TT1.